Chalkboard Labels - Two Options!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhPRSQ3Ey17NbJaYy4YJQpNysHRFprpHH04BNh9T2xxMoFNiGfnbYvOi3jV5Vuq5A7ly239CS9Hom73niShk0WjWdsqldD2XZCojxkPagrsheHZtt6znchr2ONuyGI7QblU3moYZJpyD8s/s1600/Border.jpg 
*UPDATE*
I now sell Black Contact Paper for $.70 a foot in my {Store},
along with the Black Contact Paper labels for $.30 .

The benefit to using contact paper instead of vinyl
is the black contact paper is not only easier to apply,
but is movable and you can re-position it
a few times before it loses it's stickiness;
whereas vinyl shrivels once you decide to move it. 

Keep reading! 


I love using contact paper 
instead of vinyl.  
It's so much cheaper!

I always keep a roll of clear contact paper on hand,
which you can get at Wal-Mart for $5.48 for a 18" x 24' roll.

To paint on contact paper,
do two coats of acrylic paint
and finish with a thin layer of modge podge.

This, however, does NOT work for
chalkboard labels...I've tried.
Unfortunately the liquid chalk
eats through the paint.

Option #1
My cute friend at
has the cutest blog and smartest ideas.
She has a brilliant post on


I didn't realize this,
but you can buy black contact paper!
So far the only place I can find it is Amazon.
or now for sale in my {Store}!


 She used the black contact paper
and liquid chalk markers
(which you can also buy on Amazon 
or I get mine at Michael's for $6 
using their 40% off coupon.)
and made her own awesome spice labels!
As she said, it's
"Easy, fast, cheap, and uniform!"

Option #2
Black contact paper is more expensive
than clear contact paper,
so another option is to
print labels on computer paper.
Cut them out and cut out a piece of contact paper
1/2 an inch larger around than your label. 

Place your label on your container
and cover it with the contact paper.
By making sure the contact paper is larger,
this holds your label in place.
You can actually write and erase on this
with your liquid chalk markers!
Black square printed on computer paper and covered with clear contact paper.
I've uploaded some chalkboard labels
for you to use for free!

How to Download Items:
  • Click on the image so it opens in a new window
  • Right click and select "Save Image As..." (Firefox) or "Save Picture As..." (Internet Explorer)
  • Save image on your computer 






I appreciate you stopping by my blog
and hope this helps you save some $$$.
Thanks to all you awesome bloggers
for your comments!
Be sure to check out the Giveaway!

Linky Parties: At The Picket Fence - Somewhat Simple - C.R.A.F.T.: Making Monday Marvelous - Craft-O-Maniac - Creating my way to Success: A Round Tuit - Creation Corner - Fabric Bows and More - Get Your Craft On - Tip Junkie - Hope Studios - Just Something I Whipped Up - Katie's Nesting Spot - Keeping it Simple - Made By You Monday - Marvelously Messy - Night Owl Crafting - Paisley Passions - Running With Glitter - seven thirty three - Sew Much Ado - Blue Cricket Design - Show Me What Ya Got - Simple Home Life - Singing Three Little Birds - Someday Crafts - Sugar Bee Crafts - Sumo's Sweet Stuff - My Girlish Whims - A bowl full of lemons - Type A - The Frugal Girls - Key Lime Digital Designs -Bear Rabbit Bear

3 comments:

  1. You are a genius! What adorable labels!
    I would love for you to post this on my Fall In Love linky party today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! What else can you do with clear contact paper? Thank you for sharing at Simply Creations Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I've never seenblack contact before! I shall have to look out for it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear any of your questions or comments!

Pin It button on image hover