Cheap Dry Erase Crayons

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhPRSQ3Ey17NbJaYy4YJQpNysHRFprpHH04BNh9T2xxMoFNiGfnbYvOi3jV5Vuq5A7ly239CS9Hom73niShk0WjWdsqldD2XZCojxkPagrsheHZtt6znchr2ONuyGI7QblU3moYZJpyD8s/s1600/Border.jpg
So the cute {Quiet Books} made by
coloring or activity pages slipped in sheet protectors
are all over Pinterest.


Here's a cute example.

I went ahead and made some for my 1 year old
and bought the Crayola Dry Erase Crayons...

{Purchase Here}
and honestly, I didn't really like them.

They work great as a dry erase crayon
but my dislike came from the fact that
the crayon is:
1) Incredible Soft
2) Quite expensive

My one year old is just learning to color
and so staying on the paper doesn't always happen.
These crayons come off on everything
including clothes, hands, fabric, furniture...
I felt like I had to be just as careful
as I would if I handed her a marker.

For older kids,
these would probably work great;
but for my one year old,
it was a lot of work.

Plus they aren't that cheap.
They sell for over $5 on Amazon
and I paid $4-something at Wal-Mart for mine.

Then I found a post that mentioned using
Crayola's Large Crayons instead.
{I did try using Crayola regular sized crayons too...
they do NOT work for some reason.}

{Purchase Here}
and they WORKED!


These crayons are not as soft so they
didn't come off on her hands and everything
as easily as the dry erase crayons did
AND
they are so much cheaper!
Around $2 on Amazon or $1-something at Wal-Mart.



And they can be wiped off with a paper towel!


Pin It


I hope this is a helpful post for some of you out there
because I can't tell you how excited I was
to not only find something cheaper,
but that worked better.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. Genius! I bought the Crayola dry erase crayons and window crayons for a road trip but they have only been used once because they get on everything! Thank you for the tip!! BTW, found you from Someday Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear any of your questions or comments!

Pin It button on image hover